Harry Potter, the boy who lived, still lives and shall always be alive decades after. Don’t you deny that you once dreamt of being in Hogwarts (or you still do, you know) and casting spells on every little thing you come across! What makes Harry Potter series better are the quotes that J.K. Rowling has cleverly instilled in her readers’ mind.
1. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
Remember how effortlessly Harry was being told about his mentor not to dwell too much into the past and ruin the present? This quote goes well, right? Buck up! You have got to live by what Dumbledore said. Don’t you worry about the future too. You won’t have Voldemort hanging around your neck.
2. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light.”
The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. Rightly said, my boy! Here you go with wisdom. Swallow it! No wind, air, water or Malfoy should cease it, you know. It is your rib-caged organ and your mind that deals with it. Live it!
3. “Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.”
And this is not too difficult to understand to kiss thy light, right? Find the right way out, deal with your issues and nail it! Got it, bud?
4. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
Take a tiny step and that will count. Take a big leap and that will count too. You see your choices matter. And the only thing you can do about it is to make better choices.
5. “The things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end—if not always in the way we expect.”
Luna Lovegood breaks the stereotypical thought process that one cannot move on from the past. Of course one can. Right, Luna? The whole series marks the incidents that help us to move on from what breaks us inside. Nevertheless, good times do find their way back to us.
6. “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.”
And if you have got nerves, you can cross all boundaries, eh? Run! Run to the end point just like harry and you will find yourself within the boundaries of Hogwarts aka your own magical world. Nothing is that difficult you see. Love to Ginny.
7. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
Albus nails it again. No doubt why he is our favorite. You just CANNOT suppress any pain for a longer time. You have got to feel it and not let it swallow your soul. Yes, it will hurt for a while but it’s going to go. We can trust Dumbledore with this too.
8. “After all this time?”
Sigh! That’s how love is. You cannot dig it out of the roots and throw it away. Snap taught us to love and keep loving. There lies a great deal of courage when you have to love someone from far away. Distance doesn’t matter; love does.
9. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”
Ever wondered how do they live who live without love? That’s worst. Potter teaches us that love is the perfect potion to problems. And it lies true to some extent in real life too. What’s this world without love? Absolutely Nothing!
10. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should it mean it is not real?”
Here comes the most powerful quote. Things happen as per your own will. If you don’t believe in them, they will not occur. Be you! And spread your uniqueness. First in your own life and then in this world.