Every street, every corner of Lucknow fascinates people walking through it. The city’s enthusiasm towards arts and culture can be easily felt in its breeze.
It’s time for Lucknow to immerse in some culturally rich experience once again with Mahindra Sanatkada Festival from 3rd February to 7th February. With food, craft, art, literature, music, films, culture, heritage, etc , the canvas of Sanatkada keeps on growing wider every year.
Just like every year, the elegant Safed Baradari lights up to welcome people from all over the world to this magical festival.
What started a decade back as a platform for craftsmen to showcase their art, has now transformed into a fun and frolic cultural ride for the people of Lucknow. The fascinating handicrafts and art exhibition brings to you a myriad of unique, colourful and vibrant products from different parts of the country. Feel free to shop your heart out!
The food lovers can rejoice over some famous street food and some amazing home cooked Awadhi food relishing Mutton ki Nihari, Roasted Raan, Adaraki Ghosht and a lot more!
To illuminate every corner of your soul, there are some amazing cultural performances this year.
- A Musical Evening with Tajdar Junaid- 4th February
- Sahar: Concert at Dawn: Ustad Shahid Parvez Khan on Sitar with Akram Khan on Tabla- 5th February
- Haan, Mai Savitribai Phule, Performed by Sushama Deshpande – 5th Febraury
- Wings Cultural Society Presents Chand Roz Aur Meri Jaan By Salima Raza & Banwari Taneja – 6th February
- Feminist Comedy Diaries by Preeti Das – 7th February
- Roberto White Puppet Theatre from Spain – 7th February
Fall in love with Lucknow all over again with the guided walks and car tours through the streets, celebrating history of old homes and havvelis of Lucknow. Literary Guftugu, Filmistan, Qissagoi and workshops for kids are also organised to keep you thrilled all throughout the day.
With such enthusiasm all over the place, every moment spent at this festival will make you feel alive. We sure are not going to miss out on the cultural ride Sanatkada has to offer. What about you?